I am so not a morning person. I barely wake up until I have had about two entire pots of coffee…so being able to simply have breakfast ready ahead of time is idea for both me and my kids.
The perfect overnight oats is a sweet combination of your favorite fruit…(in this case===raspberries), nuts…(totally optional, but in this case, we’re using almonds)…sweetener—such as honey…and perhaps some extras such as chia seeds, and obviously oats.
This is a nutritious, delicious, and filling breakfast that is a great way to start to your day.
Now for the recipe…(which, like smoothie “recipes,” doesn’t even really seem like a recipe because it’s so easy and pretty much common sense.
And also like smoothies, there is an endless combination of flavors that you could have…based on which fruit you choose, which flavor yogurt you choose, and so forth…
- Almonds…sliced, slivered, or chopped…1Tbsp
- Chia Seeds, optional…2tsp
- Honey, maple syrup, or any other type of sweetener…which is totally a matter of personal preference)
- Milk…1C milk…(once again, for hints on which kind of milk, check out this previous post…Visions of Veganism—Milk)
- Raspberries…1/2C fresh or frozen
- Yogurt…1/4C plain Greek yogurt
Stir together milk, oats, yogurt, honey, chia seeds and pinch of salt until combined.
Pour into a pint-sized jar or resealable container.
Seal the lids onto the jars..
Refrigerate anywhere from six hours days.