We all have creative people in our lives—those “avid do-it-yourselfers who love the challenge of changing “cheap:” dollar store and thrift shop finds into brilliant pieces of art—the wanna be Joanna Gaines…
So what are non-creative people like me supposed to get a creative idea as to what to get these people when we can’t even thread a needle and have no idea what a Cricuit even is.
One idea is help replenish their “stash” by giving them those things that they simply must ALWAYS have on hand…as if they were milk, butter, and eggs…
Two things that all crafters always need and can use in abundance are…
Fabric,,,need I say more?
Paint...It may seem silly to be giving creative people something as simple as paint for Christmas, but you wouldn’t think twice about giving quality makeup to a true diva, right?
After all, creative people absolutely LOVE paint…Be careful if you go to a true crafter’s house not to be very still for an extended amount of time…If you do, you might find yourself painted too…and definitely don’t go to sleep on their sofas.
- Acrylic Craft Paint…Acrylic craft paint, especially white, only costs about fifty cents a bottle and comes in handy for lots of small paint projects, such as small little wooden pieces to use as embellishments or canvas art…and true crafters can always use help replenishing or adding to their stock of colors! It
- Spray Paint…Spray paint can change things dramatically, and add new life to worn-out items with the press of a button.
Scrapbook/Decorative Paper…Most, if not all, crafters absolutely LOVE pretty scrapbook paper…Scrapbook paper can be the one of the cheapest and easiest ways for creative people to add a fresh look to their homes—by doing such things as putting paper in frames and changing out the framed paper for every season and occasion in order to change the whole look of a room with just a few cents worth of paper.
A second line of thought as far as to gifts for crafters would be gifts that they receive regularly throughout the year—magazine subscriptions and subscription boxes.
Subscription boxes—such as CrateJoy, DarbySmart, KiwiCrate, and Makers Kit— deliver crafting supplies directly to your favorite crafter’s doorstep every month.
Subscription boxes are a great way to treat the crafters in your life with a tangible monthly reminder of how much you love them all throughout the year.
Subscription boxes are available for all sorts of crafters—including scrapbooking, calligraphy, knitting, drawing, and painting.
Let’s take a look at a few of the most popolar subscription boxes out there…
1.Adults and Crafts Crate
- What it costs…about $30 per month
- What it contains……everything you need—including materials, tools, and instructions—to do projects such as making a terrarium, creating an autumn wreath, and building a wine caddy
2. Boho Berry Box
- What it costs…$25 per mont
- What you get…a tracker, planner stickers, and other products—such as stickers, stationery, pens, pencils, markers, and other goodies—from creative journaling brands
- What it costs…$8 a month
- What you get…one coloring book each month containing a collection of art from indie artists, as well as biographical information on each one
4. Cloth & Paper
- What it costs…three options available…$18 per month for pen subscription, 38 per month for stationery, 48 for both
- What you get…5-8 pieces of stationery and/or 4-6 pens or pencils depending on which box you choose
5. Darn Good Yarn of the Month
- What it costs…$10
- What you get…three options available—fabric, beads, and yarn
- What it costs…about $25 a month
- What you get…organic cake and cookie mixes, chemical-free decorations, and all the supplies and kid-friendly instructions you need to finish the project
7. .Grow and Make
- What it costs…$30 per month
- What you get…materials to finish one project per month in the following categories—Bath and Body, Beverages, Candles, Culinary, and Gardening
8. Home Made Luxe
- What is costs…$40 per month
- What you get…all the essential materials to create a “gorgeous, Pinterest-worthy” home decor project with written and video instructions, so you’ll know exactly how to make them
9. Homegrown Collective
- What it costs: $25 per month
- What you get…all the materials and tools you need to make 3 to 4 projects designed to replace your toxic bath, beauty, home, and kitchen items with all-natural and organic alternatives.
10. Knir Crate
- What it costs…$20 to $35 per month depending on which kit you choose
- What you get…four different choices available—knit crate, sock crate, artisan crate, sock artisan crate, and a colloboration
- What you get…yarn, needles, step-by-step instructions and anything else you might need to complete various projects—such as coasters and wall hangings
- What it cost…$29
12. New Hobby Box
What it costs…$35 a month
What you get…eleven options available…
- Book Binding
- Eco Printing
- Lock Picking
- Paper Making
- What it costs…$14.95 a month
- What you get…15+ sheets of stickers, a postcard, a Sticker Club Newsletter, and other great stuff
13. Quilter’s Candy Box
- What it costs…$50 per month
- What you get…various fabrics and other necessities—along with other surprise goodies like chocolate, candies, mugs, tote bags, and more
14. Quilty Boxts…
- What it costs…three options available, ranging from $24 to $48
- What you get…two yards of fabric, a small spool of thread, one or two notions and tools, and Bundles of Inspiration mini-magazine complete with a showcase on the featured artist, articles and tips, and three patterns (full sized pattern from our featured artist, a mini pattern, and an English paper piecing pattern).
15. Sew Sampler Quilting Subscription Box
- What it costs…$25 per month
- What you get… at least five specially chosen items—such as fabric, notions, patterns, thread—always totaling more than your monthly cost
- What it costs…$25-$35 per month
- What you get…four to six art supplies—such as Copic markers, Krink paint markers, Pan pastels, Caran d’Ache Luminance Colored Pencils, Zig Brush Pens, Van Gogh watercolors, Gum Erasers—as well as an inspirational piece of art made with the materials in the box by our featured artist
17. Smart Art
- What it costs: $49.95 a month
- What you get…six full-sized art supplies, a unique project in 6 simple steps, and tutorials created by your favorite YouTube artists