This year I have been in the process of “detoxifying” our home and our lifestyle. Lately I have been learning to make my own”safe” cleaning supplies.
Making your own homemade cleaning products typically involves combining specific products, such as…
1. Baking Soda...Baking soda is an ideal deodoriser, disinfectant, anddegreaser.
2. Borax…Borax consists of soft colourless crystals that dissolve easily in water that can be used to make a very effecti all-purpose cleaner that can clean just about everything.
3. Detergent…Detergent helps lift dirt and grime. When shopping for detergent, look for a detergent that is PH neutral, fragrance free and septic tank safe…such as Earth Choice, Morning Fresh, and ecostore.
4. Essential Oils...Essential oils help make both your home and your cleaning supplies smell lovely and fresh. Some of the best essential oils for cleaning are lemon, lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, and wild orange.
5. Microfiber Cloths…Microfiber cloth are reusable. Simply throw them into the wash and then hang on the line to dry.
6. Salt... Salt is an effective scouring agent, deodoriser, and degreaser.
7. Spray Bottles…Spray bottles are obviously important when you are making and using homemade cleaners.
8. Vinegar...Vinegar, a great natural anti-fungal and antibacterial, can be used so many different ways to clean -to disinfect, cut through grease, de-scale, clean glass, and so much more.