Not only are there more and more cruelty-free natural and organic cosmetic companies being started these days…but also a slew of cruelty-free natural and organic body and skin care companies popping up.
These products-which are good replacements for brands that test on animals…including Aveeno, Garnier, Olay, Neutrogena, and St. Ives…can more easily be found and are being formulated to address various skin type needs and concerns.
The next few posts will be a guide to cruelty-free skincare brands and the locations where they can be found.
- Availability…available in many drugstores, Amazon, iHerb.
- Focus…acne-prone skin
- Ingredients…high quality, 100% vegetarian products that overflow with botanical ingredients such as aloe vera, green tea and chamomile extracts
- Mission…to Do Beautiful…to help fellow women look beautiful on the outside while feeling beautiful on the inside
- Price Range… $10 for body lotion
2. Athar’a Pure
- Focus…ancient Ayurvedic skin care treatments and dosha types
- Ingredients…the best natural and organic pure, plant-based ingredients found on earth…without the use of toxins, chemicals, parabens, dyes, phthalates, sulfates, artificial fragrances.synthetics, alcohol or any other harmful ingredient or preservatives
- Mission…providing you with high quality, luxurious, vegan beauty products that are cruelty free and never tested on animals
- Price Range…$22 for body lotion
- Availability…Walmart, Kroger, Sprouts, Amazon, iHerb
- Ingredients…plant-based organic ingredients from only trusted sources
- Mission…founded on the deep-rooted belief that all beauty comes from the Earth…deep reverence for the Earth and a respect for all living creatures.
- Price Range… $9
- Availability…Amazon, iHerb
- Founded…by Stacey Kelly and Mark Egide in 1999 as the very first certified organic personal care line
- Ingredients…fruit and plant stem cells
- Philosophy…Beauty is YOU – a simple and bold empowerment message to consumers and the industry at large. Beauty happens in the moments of the everyday (for individuals and organizations) – the little choices that we make along the way that all add up to monumental change: Commit to defining beauty one action at a time and be Empowered, Radiant and True. Beauty is YOU.
- Price Range…$15 for body lotion
- Focus…demanding skin types, such as extremely sensitive skin and allergies
- Ingredients…100% natural, Certified Vegan…a much stricter ingredient palette than even most “natural” brands…packed with certified organic botanicals, bioavailable vitamins, essential fatty acids, and skin-soothing seed oils
- Mission…to provide true solutions to uncomfortable skin conditions…to help people develop a healthy, happy relationship with their skin… to bring forth a positive, loving vision of what beauty can be, embody inclusion, and enhance the dignity of all people
- Price Range…$36 for body lotion
- Availability…Sephora, Ulta
- Ingredients…natural, organic, sustainable and locally sourced…vitamins and age-defying antioxidants…without parabens, paba and phthalates
- Mission…Better for your skin, better for the environment.
- Price Range…$32
7. Derma E
- Availability…Whole Foods, Sprouts, Ulta, CVS, Walgreen’s
- Focus…the belief that skin health can be visibly improved through the right combination of potent vitamins, wholesome nutrients and exceptional ingredients.
- Mission…to honor our customers with products that promote healthier-looking skin and business ethics that promote a healthier world.
- Price Range…$13
- Focus…problem-solving solutions for skin concerns ranging from anti-aging challenges to blemishes, chicken skin bumps and perspiration dilemmas
- Founded…by Dr. Audrey Kunin
- Ingredients…include Artichoke Bud Extract and Bayberry Fruit Extract
- Mission… to provide effective solutions to skincare problems without the need of a prescription
- Philosophy…DERMAdoctor is truly just what the skin doctor ordered.®
- Price Range…$58 for body lotion