Eggplant has had an interesting part in folklore around the world for many centuries,. For example, eggplant in India, the eggplant was believed to cause people to go insane….yet according to the Kama Sutra eggplant is erotically stimulating when rubbed onto the penis…male organ. or whatever yuou wanna call it, so much so that is causes a month-long erection.
The poor eggplant was also accused of causing health problems—such as liver problems, inflammations of the mouth, leprosy, fever, headaches, and even cancer.
As far as to whether eggplant is a vegetable or fruit…kinda like with the tomato….it’s actually neither.
Technically eggplant is a berry…but at the same time as being a berry, it is also related to the tomato and potato…which makes it even more confusing.
Eggplant has a spongy, absorbent that makes it the perfect base for all sorts of dishes from all sorts of different cuisines around the world….(more on this later)…
As far as how eggplants are grown, they are tropical plants with a typically spiny stem, large leaves that can grow to eight inches, and white or purple flower that grow up to four feet tall.
And when you think about eggplants, you probably picture this glossy purple long and egg-shaped thing…
But actually eggplants, like we learned with just like we learned with pumpkins, can be a variety of sizes and shapes and colors, including…
- black…as the Burpee Hybrid
- dark purple…the typical eggplant…which is a long football shaped vegetable that is about…that can range anywhere from 4 1⁄2″–10″ long and 2 1⁄2–3 1⁄2 wide
- green with white stripes,,,Louisiana Lon Green
- multicolored…such as white at the stem and then bright pink, deep purple or even black on the actual vegetable
- orange and the size of Ping-Pong balls
- purple…ranging from faint purple-pink to reddish-purple and dark purple
- white…smaller and egg-sized…also known as Easter white eggplants, garden eggs, Casper or white eggplant
- yellow and round
So let’s start looking at why how to add eggplant to New Year health resolutions..