Tools and Techniques
First of all there are different tools and techniques can I use to help me start drinking the suggested amount of water each day?
1. Carry a small refillable water bottle with you everywhere you go.,,,Using a reusable water bottle does not create the litter that typical water bottles do, is environmental-friendly, makes you a smarter consumer, saves water, and saves you money.
What factors should you consider when choosing a water bottle?
The first factor to consider is what material the bottle is made from. Water bottles can be found in many different materials—including aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, polyethylene, and copolyester.
Glass…bottlesUP, Life Factory, Love Bottle, Takeya
- Metal…Earth Lust, Hydro Flask, Klean Kanteen
- Plastic…Fit & Fresh, GOBIEH20, Nalgene
In addition to the material that the bottle is made from, you also need to recognize how easy the bottle will be to both carry and to clean, how easy the bottle will be able to fill with ice cubes and water, what type of drinking valve the bottle has, how big the bottle is, and whether or not the bottle has a filter.
Another option would be a specially designed fruit infused water pitcher with an infusion chamber.
They work great, the large pitchers look fantastic on a dinner table and encourage your family to drink more water, and the travel bottles help keep you hydrated all day long.
You can refill the pitcher or travel bottle several times before it starts to lose flavor.
You can even eat the cucumber slices if you like, but discard your batch after 24 hours.
2. Decide when you want to drink your water. A few suggestions are…
- Before Meals...makes you feel full and helps you eat fewer calories.
- Certain parts of your daily routine—such as when you first get up, just before leaving the house, when you sit down to work, whenever you get up from your desk at work to take a bathroom break, after your brush your teeth in the morning, and right before you eat lunch.
- Hourly...ensures that your water quote is met by the end of the day.
- Morning…gives you more energy to face the day ahead.
3. Enlist other people to help you reach this goal.
4. Fill a larger pitcher or bottle with the amount of water you want to drink each day.
5. Invest in a filter.
6. Make your own carbonated water with the help of a home “seltzer” machine.
7. Use a straw so that you drink faster, and drink more at one time.
Cucumber Water…One way to make water a little less boring is to add fruit and veggies. The first one that we are going to consider is cucumber.
To make the perfect cucumber water, add 1/2″ slices of cucumber to your ice water. Top the cucumbers with more ice so they won’t float up to the top.
In addition to the cucumber, you could also add…
- herbs—such as tosemary or rhyme
Water-rich foods….One sneaky way to increase the amount of water you consume on a daily basis: eat your H2O. Addfruits and vegetables with a high water content to your grocery shopping list. Some top picks include cucumber (96% water), zucchini (95% water), watermelon (92% water), and grapefruit (91% water).
Spicy foods…Garnish your meal with chili flakes or fresh peppers and you’ll be reaching for more water in no time. Another benefit of adding heat? Some studies show that spicy food may help boost your metabolism.
Sparkling Water…Choose sparkllng or mineral water instead of Cokes…( yes, I am from the Deep South, so every single carbonated beverage know to man is referred to as Coke)…Sparkling or mineral water is just as good for your body as regular water…and much more interesting..
Other water-based beverages….Gee, both hot tea or unsweetened iced tea contain water. You could also reach your water goal for the day by drinking juice, lemonade, or iced coffee.
acne all purpose cleaners aromatherapy baking soda bath beauty cellulite cocoa colds dangerous ingredients detoxification dry skin brushing energy essential oils Exfoliation facial masks Featured flu gifts ginger green cleaning healthy beverages herbs immunity laundry lemons massage meditation natural beauty recipes natural skincare nutrition pumpkin salt scrubs skincare recipes smoothie spa treatments spa water spring stress reduction sunburns tea Vinegar water weight loss