Lemon water…simply lemons with water, or water with lemons…big deal, right?!
Besides helping you drink your daily suggested amount of water, lemons actually add many health benefits to water…benefits that up until now, I didn’t realize…and many of us didn’t even recognize either. For this reason, lemons have been used in many forms of holistic medicine for centuries.
So let’s begin by taking a look at some of these “hidden” health benefits of lemon water…
- Blood Pressure…Eating or drinking one lemon per day can reduce high blood pressure by ten percent.
- Depression and Anxiety…Lemon water contains a high level of potassium, which is needed to prevent and cure depression and anxiety.
- Digestion…Lemon water helps with digestion and keeps your stomach from health problems—such as constipation, heartburn, indigestion, bloating and belching.
- Energy Levels…Lemon water can help you have more energy when you wake up in the morning…without causing a “caffeine crash” later in the day.
- Joint and Muscle Pain…Lemon water can help reduce both joint and muscle pain.
- Kidneys…Lemon water can help prevent and dissolve kidney stones, gallstones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits because of the amount of citric acid it contains.
- Liver…Lemon water helps your liver produce the digestive enzymes and bile necessary for moving food through gastrointestinal tract smoothly.
- Oral Health…Lemon water helps relieve tooth pain, fight gingivitis, and get rid of bad breath caused by eating foods with strong smells like garlic, onions, or fish.
- Respiratory System…Lemon water helps relieve the symptoms of asthma, allergies and other respiratory problems.
- Skin…Lemon water contains Vitamin C, which reduces your risk of having wrinkled and dry skin.
- Urinary System…Lemon water is a mild diuretic that can help the urinary tract effectively clear out any unwanted elements.
- Weight…Lemon water can help you lose weight by keeping your hydrated, fighting food cravings, and significantly decreasing your caloric intake.