Sorry, but the last thing that I want to think about after taking my shower…especially since I take one as the very last thing of my day…is having to rifle through a dozen different products for my haircare and skincare needs…let’s keep things simple…
So I simply grab for a bottle of pure argan oil…and use it from head to toe…
I could even do that without my glasses on or my contacts in…which is a good thing because I am legally blind, right?!
Benefits of using Argan oil on your hair include…
- improving the texture of your hair by making it softer, silkier and shinier
- making your hair more manageable by helping to tame frizz and fly-aways
- preventing and repairing protecting your hair from damage caused by the heat of hair dryers, curlers and flat irons…as well as pollution, chemicals and UV rays
- promoting hair growth because of its vitamin E content
- repairing split ends
- stopping dandruff before it causes serious problems
- moisturizing your hair because of its essential fatty acids content
Regular Use…Depending on the thickness, texture, condition and length of your hair, you may need anywhere from 1 drop to 3 drops. Getting the right amount may take some practice. Start with a drop (or for short hair a ½ drop may do) and warm in your palms before raking your fingers through your hair, paying special attention to your ends. Once complete, add a ½ drop to your fingertips and massage into your scalp. Rub any excess into your face, neck or hands.
Overnight Deep Conditioning Treatment...Using argan oil once a week as a deep conditioner for your hair will amplify its benefits even more. If you have dandruff or dry scalp, you should probably use this as an overnight treatment twice per week until the dandruff is gone.
Warm about seven drops in your hands. Massage into your hair, working from the scalp to the ends. Put on a shower cap. (Not only will this keep your pillowcase free from oil, but it will also help your body’s natural body heat, as retained in the shower cap, to help the oil work more efficiently.)
In the morning, wash your hair, rinsing until all residue is gone.