Using a deep conditioner once or twice a week, instead of using a “normal” conditioner on a daily basis, is so much smarter…
But, hey, who still even washes their hair every single day anyway?!
So, HOW do I apply this deep conditioner? Here’s some advice…
- Applying any type of deep conditioner or hair mask, apply to your hair immediately after rinsing the shampoo out.
- Focus primarily on your roots because your roots require the most moisture and attention. Applying conditioner above your crown line will lead to grease and unnecessary oil production.
- Leave the conditioner on while you finish taking your shower. This will allow the heat and steam of the shower to help the deep conditioner penetrate hair strands, immediately after rinsing the shampoo out.
Now for a few OTBC deep conditioners that I have run upon while doing my “research” lately…
Three of the best cruelty-free OTBC, (over the beauty counter), deep conditioners currently on the market are…
1. Lush Veganese Hair Conditioner
- Ingredients…mineral-rich agar agar gel base, seaweed gel, lemon oil, lavender, and rosemary
- Product Review…Alexis Emily Chin
2. Pacifica Coconut Damage Mask
- Availability…Target, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Ulta
- Ingredients…cruelty-free and vegan
- Product Review…The Vegan Crazy Cat Lady
3. Surya Brasil Color Fixation Restorative Hair Mask
- Ingredients…exotic butters and 15 herbal extracts from India and the Amazon forest, cupuaçu butter, buriti oil, rice proteins
- Product Review…