It is important to take care of your hair while it is wet, mainly because this is when your hair is most likely to fall out…and none of us wants our hair to fall out, (even though there are many days when I feel like pulling my own hair out because of stress)…
Heat can be your be your hair’s best friend or worst enemy.
Heat can create bouncing curls, waves, and tendrils from an unruly mane or flat, lifeless locks in no time at all…
Heat can also cause serious damage and split ends, make your hair rough and dull and more susceptible to damage and cause your hair to lose moisture faster than it can be reabsorbed from the air, leaving it brittle.
And the heat of the hair dryer can be the greatest enemy to the health of your hair.
So let your hair air dry naturally if possible, at least partially.
Air-drying your hair, instead of blow-drying and heat-styling it, will save you both time spent doing your hair and this risk of damaging your hair.
Here are a few simple secrets to air-drying hair and having it actually look like one great big frizzy mess.
1. Air drying your hair doesn’t mean you should skip product…All hair types should follow up towel drying with a detangling leave-in conditioner, a protectant spray or cream or a blow-dry serum…combing it through with a large-tooth comb.
Product will help set the hair, add volume, and reduce frizz and unruliness.
If your hair is on the finer side and lacks a true natural texture, also spritz a sea salt spray at the roots continuing through to the ends to help give the hair more volume. Then leave hair alone until it dries.
2. Apply argan oil to damp hair from the mid-lengths to the tips. This will seal the cuticles, tone down frizz, keep your hair smelling clean and fresh, and enhance natural waves. Two quality ARGAN oils worth checking into are…Josie MaraNatha ARGAN OIL…and Zweena Pure Organic Argan Oil.
3. Never brush wet hair…Brushing your hair while wet can stretch the strands, causing damage and splits while it is at its most delicate.
4. Sleeping on a satin pillowcase will also keep hair from frizzing because satin is gentler on hair cuticles…Although sleeping on wet hair might initially seem like a good idea, the combination of cotton pillowcases and tossing and turning as you sleep can cause breakage, frizz and tangles. Avoid it at all costs.
5. Don’t touch your hair as it dries. …The more you touch, play with, and otherwise mess with your hair, the frizzier it will get.
6. Never use a hair tie to pull your hair back into a ponytail or bun as it’s drying. This will not only break your hair, but will also result in strange kinks and texture
7. Apply a spritz of dry shampoo to your roots once your hair is dry for extra lift and texture.