And if you’re like me, the very first thing that I do every morning is jump in the shower with loofah and lather.
But when you are shopping, stop grabbing the first body wash you see, the cheapest one, or the one your mom always used. Do you really feel comfortable rubbing your butt, boobs, and back with a body was that has also been rubbed into the eyes or forced into the mouths of helpless rabbits, rats, and mice.
Look for products that have the internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo on the packaging.
You could also scroll through the list of ingredients, but this can often be confusing.
Or you could first check with a comprehensive list of cruelty-free and vegan body washes, such as this one…
- Availability…Target, Kroger
- Ingredients…organic Argan oil, sea buckthorn oil, Moroccan Argan stem cells, coq10, and pumpkin seed oil
- Kudos…100% biodegradable, gluten-free, and free of any parabens or sulfates
- Availability…Ulta, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Nordstrom
- Kudos…cruelty-free, and PETA certified vegan company
- Scents Available (4)...Hibiscus & Fig, Lotus Flower & Chestnut, Tropical Pineapple & White Peach, Lemon & Sage
- Availability…Target, Walmart, Vitacost
- Ingredients…pure botanical emollients, aloe vera, (varies by scent)
- Kudos…hypoallergenic, made from 100% natural ingredients, contains no parabens or synthetic fragrances
- Scents…Honey Mango, Sparkling Mint, French Lavender, Midnight Tuberose, Herbal Healing, Island Citrus, Coconut Rescue
- Ingredients…active fruit stem cell and antioxidants
- Scents…Citrus Sunflower, Lavender Thyme, Mandarin Vanilla, Aloe Mint, Clementine Ginger, 1000 Roses
- Availability…Sprouts, Whole Foods
- Ingredients…plant-based formula that joins quinoa protein, lavender essential oil, aloe and botanical cleansers
- Kudos…packaging made from high post-consumer material content and sustainably sourced paperboard that is recyclable after use
- Mission…to create products that are safe, effective and conscious of the greater good…to not only nourish the body, but also nourish the mind and the soul.
- Scents……Nourishing Lavender, Grapefruit and Geranium, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary, and Ylang Ylang
- Availability... Rite Aid, Whole Foods, Walgreens, and CVS
- Fragrances…Almond, Unscented, Citrus, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, Rose and Tea Tree
- Kudos…certified organic, fair trade, non-GMO, Kosher,
- Belief…”We believe that everybody deserves to have access to luxurious body care products that are also natural, efficacious and affordable.”
- Ingredients…food-grade ingredients…such as vegetable glycerin, aloe, vitamin e, and botanical extracts
- Kudos…all products are GMO free, gluten-free, soy-free, cruelty-free, and vegan
- Mission…to create great natural products for great people and to bring the highest quality allergen-free body care products to everyone
- Scents: Grapefruit, French Lavender, Creamy Coconut, Vanilla & Sweet Orange, and Shea Butter & Oatmeal
- Ingredients…jojoba, vegetable glycerin, Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Oat extract, and olive oil
- Kudos…vegan, gluten, and soy free…completely free of parabens and synthetic fragrances
- Scents: Shea Butter & Oatmeal, French Lavender, Grapefruit, and Vanilla & Sweet Orange.
9. Jack Black…Price…$21 for three tubes @ 3 oz. and three bonus samples
- Ingredients…botanical surfactants, Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin B5, rosewater, and calendula extract
- Scents…Smoothing Coconut, Gluten-Free, Calming Lavender, Purifying Tea Tree, Soothing Aloe Vera, Revitalizing Citrus, Glowing Apricot, Relaxing Chamomile, Moisturizing Herbs, Softening Mango, Rosewater, Antioxidant Cranberry and Men’s All-in-One
11. John Masters
- Ingredients…botanically-based ingredients such as corn and coconut
- Kudos…certified organic, gluten-free
- Scents…Blood Orange & Vanilla, Rosemary & Arnica, and Geranium & Grapefruit