Allow the heat and steam of the shower to help the deep conditioner penetrate hair strands, immediately after rinsing the shampoo out.
Leave the conditioner on while you finish taking your shower.
Focus conditioner primarily on your roots because the roots require the most moisture and attention.
Three of the best cruelty-free deep conditioners currently on the market are…
- Ingredients…mineral-rich agar agar gel base, seaweed gel, lemon oil, lavender, and rosemary
- Purpose… to soften hair, promote a healthy scalp, and deliver beautiful glossy shine
- Review…Alexis Emily Chin
- Availability…Target, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Ulta
- Ingredients…cruelty-free and vegan
- Purpose…to restore and hydrate hair and to protect it from damage and pollutants
- Review…The Vegan Crazy Cat Lady
- Ingredients…exotic butters and 15 herbal extracts from India and the Amazon forest, cupuaçu butter, buriti oil, rice proteins
- Purpose…hydrates and revitalizes colored or damaged hair…extends the life of color..strengthens the cuticle of the hair… restores shine and manageability
Once you’ve finished washing and shampooing your hair, it is best to squeeze out any excess moisture and pat your hair dry with a cotton t-shirt.
Finally wrapping your hair tightly in a towel or rubbing your hair too roughly can cause knots, frizz, and severe damage to your hair.