Washing your hair too often can be drying, especially for anyone with gray hair or colored hair…Washing your hair too seldom can cause a buildup of oils that lead to flaking and redness.
Experts claim that washing your hair only twice a week is sufficient for bothmaintaining the natural oil production and achieving moisture balance.
How to Correctly Wash Your Hair...Put a quarter size amount of shampoo in your hands. Distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the hair, instead of simply pouring it on top of your head. Avoid using too much shampoo on your ends because they’re prone to dryness and brittleness.
Make sure to get the nape of the neck, scalp, and roots because this is where dirt and oils usually collect. Scrub for a complete minute before rinsing.
As I make the transition this year to a healthier vegan and minimalistic lifestyle, one of my goals has been to vegan-friendly, cruelty free beauty products that (1) do not contain animal derived ingredients such as honey and beeswax (2) are not tested on animals.
Many of the most popular in-store brands are owned by big consumer companies actually do that test their products on animals or use animal based by-products to reduce costs.
Also many of the chemicals and ingredients contained in these shampoos can cause rashes, marks, and itchy skin.
Vegan shampoo is only made from completely organic plant-based ingredients and contain no harmful chemicals or toxins.
But these vegan shampoos still gives you that same amazing clean and fresh feeling as regular shampoos.
Factors to consider when shopping for vegan shampoos include price, reviews and overall effectiveness.
Here are a few of the best cruelty-free shampoos currently on the market…
- Ingredients..purified water, aloe ver leaf juice, lemongrass oil, sweet orange oil, lavandin oil, birch leaf extract, birch sap extract, clover blossom extract, yarrow. extract, rosemary extract, sage extract…no animal ingredients, paraben or synthetic fragrances
- Review…Makeup Alley
- Ingredients… certified organic ingredients, including extracts and essential oils…NO harmful chemicals what-so-ever. No SLS, SLES, parabens, PG or PG derivatives, sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrance or anesthetizing agents….
- Review… Dry Scalp Gone
- Ingredients… grapefruit, apple and aloe extract…no parabens, lauryl or laureth sulfate…100% vegan…no animal testing or animal by-product
- Price… $9
- Ingredients…gluten, nut, wheat & silicone free…made entirely out of organic and non-animal-based ingredients…100% vegan …contains no beeswax or honey… 100% vegan brand who never test their products on animals, export to countries that engage in animal testing, or buy raw materials from companies that do
- Price… $40
- Review…Truth in Aging
- Ingredients…tea tree oil, peppermint and lavender
- Review…Makeup Alley
- Ingredients…non-toxic, vegan friendly, gluten-free, biodegradable…squalene to provide endless moisture, eliminate frizz, and create frictionless hair…no sulfates, parabens, perfumes, animal by-products or other harsh chemicals…100% vegan, gluten-free, and biodegradable
- Review…Perhaps Kale
- Ingredients…natural plant based ingredients…free from numerous harmful chemicals including sulfates, parabens, phthalates, phosphates, and dyes…specially formulated to be used on younger children and babies
- Review…My Milky Baby
- Ingredients…100% toxin and cruelty free…organic plant based ingredients… no toxins or chemicals…virgin organic hemp seed oil and a mix of essential sweet orange or green tree oil…
- Review…Organic Bunny