Once you have begun assessing and streamlining your “Getting Dressed” routine…and melding together your minimalistic makeup menagerie… you should decide what products you should carry with you in your bag on a daily basis.
For a minimalist, touch-ups during the day do not involve putting on a full face of makeup and lugging around a big Grandma purse complete with foundation, loose powder, eyelash curlers, and the bathroom sink.
Instead, carry a small bag filled with powder, lip whatever, at least some of your usual eye makeup, concealer, and/or brow tamer…(honestly even that is probably more than enough if you’re not Miss America).
Anyway, the next step is to decide how you’re gonna wag whatever products you have decided to carry around with you all day, every day.
After all, if you are going to be a bag lady, it’s important that you pick the right bag…
Here are a few factors to consider when choosing the perfect makeup case for both the daily haul and the long haul.
1. Cost….A makeup case, just like a purse or anything else, can run the price gamut from inexpensive to “oh my goodness, I just paid how much for that.”
For example, there’s the following “designer” divas who want to pull out very expensive bags filled with very expensive products mainly to impress people.
2. Lining...Look for a bag with a waterproof liner. The last thing you need is to open your purse or suitcase and find the rest of your belongings covered in powder or liquid foundation because something leaked. Also, a waterproof liner is easier to wipe clean.
3. Material...Transparent makeup cases allow you to easily and quickly find whatever lipstick or eyeliner you may be looking for, but often cloth bags are just plain better looking. Regardless of the material that you choose, just make sure that the fabric is durable and easily wiped clean.
4. Pockets…Most people find a simple no-frills pouch to be most convenient…an outside pocket may allow you to slip a small item into your bag easily, but can also allow things to slip out…
5. Shape...a square or rectangular bag makes better use of available space than oddly shaped or rounded bags…a bag that is fairly flat and stiff helps prevent your makeup getting jumbled up in a corner.
6. Size…When selecting a makeup bag, find one On the other side of the coin, there are women who could really care less about the actual makeup bag because they would rather spend their money on the contents of that bag.
- long enough to fit your pencils at full, just-bought length
- tall enough for everything to fit without obstructing the zipper
- wide enough for any bulky compacts
A few designer options to consider include…
- Color…Black/ Clotted Cream
- Size…9″W x 7 ½”H x 3″D
- Price… $98.00
- Size… 8″W X 4.5″H X 2.5″D
- Size… 10 ½” w x 7″ h x 4 ¼” d with 1 ½” handle drop
- Size… 4.5″x 8.25″x 4″
- Size…(not given on website)
- Price…$ 5.97
- Size… 5.5″ x 2.75″ x 4″
A few options, arranged by size are…
- Color…Taupe Metallic
- Price…$40.00 (currently on sale for $18)
- Size…7.38″ W x 4.88″ H x 0.5″ D
- Color…Black with blue trim
- Price…$50…(on sale now for $25)
- Size…7″ X 5.5″ X 2.5″
- Color…(see picture)
- Size…10″ wide x 5″ deep x 5.5″ high
- Color…Available in 11 patterns
- Size… 10″ W x 4.5″ D x 5.5″ H