Truth—What is the truth of where you are now and the possibility of reaching your goal…
Dare—How much are you willing to dare to invest in reaching your goal…
If I set a goal of losing twenty pounds, I must honestly admit how much I currently weigh, what my goal weight is, and how I’m going to get there…
If I set a goal of owning a bed and breakfast, I need to figure out what resources I have on hand, what my ideal bed and breakfast would be like, and how to start this path toward ownership and successful operation…
If I set a goal of becoming a successful blogger, I should realize the status of my current blog, the type of blog that I would like to have, and how I can improve this blog…
Regardless of the goal that you have set, there are many questions that you must ask yourself—who, what, when, where, how, and why…
Questions that you might ask yourself include…
- Who benefits the most from me achieving this goal?
- Who can help me achieve it?
- Who else believes in me and my ability to reach this goal?
- Who else is or should be involved?
- Who will support me?
- Who will be my primary readers, clients, and B&B guests?
- Who won’t support me?
- What did I learn during this last year?
- What do I need to learn this year?
- What do I want to accomplish?
- What do I want to tell my readers?
- What excites me about the coming year?
- What is hindering me from achieving my goals?
- What is my biggest passion and dream in life?
- What is my first step?
- What is my ultimate goal in starting a blog?
- What one wildly bold goal would I like to accomplish that would truly inspire me to get up each morning?
- What scares me about the coming year?
- What skills do I you need to acquire and master?
- What tools and resources do I need?
- What will be my biggest obstacle?
- What will success look like?
- When can I find the time to do whatever it takes to reach this goal?
- When will I know that I have reached this goal?
- When would be a realistic time for me to have reached this goal?
- Where are some other blogs and websites my readers frequent?
- Where do I want to be this time next year?
- Where do my customers hang out online?
- Where will I acquire the necessary knowledge?
- Where will my goal be accomplished?
- Where will this take place?
- Why am I going to do this in the first place?
- Why am I willing to invest time, energy, and money in doing this?
- Why is achieving this goal so important to me?
- How can the blog make everything else I am doing better?
- How will I benefit from reaching this goal?
- How will I integrate the blog with the rest of my marketing strategy?
- How will I market the blog?
- How will I stay focused during the process?
- How will the business be different one year from now?
- How will this goal be achieved?