So I have started upgrading my baking essentials so far this year with…
1. Baking Sheet…A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
2. Mixing Bowls…These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
3. Silicone Mat… I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
4. Whisk…These are my favorite whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
1. Separate 1@12oz tube of crescent roll dough into triangles.
2. Spread about 1Tbsp blueberry cream cheese on each triangle.
3. Top with about eight blueberries and a few sliced almonds.
4. Loosely fold each triangle in half.
5. Sprinkle each turnover with a small amount of the turbinado sugar.
Bake…Bake for 15 minutes.
1. Stir together…
- 1/2C powdered sugar
- 1Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
Blueberry Streusel Pie
Prep…Preheat oven to 375F.
Make the filling…Combine…
- 5C blueberries
- 1/4C sugar
- 1/4C cornstarch
- 1/4tsp salt
Make the topping…
1. Whisk together…
- 1C flour
- 1/3C sugar
- 1/3C brown sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
2. Pour in…
- 1/3C butter, melted and cooled
- 1tsp vanilla
3. Stir with a fork until mixture resembles wet sand. Squeeze handfuls of the mixture in your fist to form larger crumbles.
Make the pie…Pour filling into chilled 9″ pie crust, store-bought or homemade. Sprinkle streusel mixture evenly over the top of the berries. Bake for an hour.