Your dryer is the most expensive appliance to operate…so using it less will obviously save you money.
A wall-mounted, folding drying rack provides the perfect spot to air-dry clothes without hanging your undies in plain sight for everyone outside to see.
Here are a few more ways to save money when drying your clothes.
1. Empty the lint trap and wipe the lint filter clean with a used dryer sheet after each load. Making sure the dryer lint filter is clean before starting each load will ensure peak performance of your dryer and prevent fire.
2. Make your own dryer sheets by simply applying a few drops of your favorite essential oil on a washcloth and tossing it into the dryer with the wet clothes.
3. Power companies often charge more per kilowatt-hour during peak usage times. This obviously means that the next load of clothes will cost more to dry during these times…so use your dryer during off peak times.
4. Put an extra dry towel in the dryer with the wet clothes to help absorb the water so that your clothes dry faster.
5. Regularly use a small amount of detergent and a toothbrush to clean your lint trap. Also take this time to clean the dryer exhaust vent and clear out the air hose behind your machine.
6. Select sensor dry instead of timed dry, if you have the option.
7. Switch loads right away, instead of allowing your dryer to cool down orrest between loads. Your dryer is built to handle such back-to-back cycles…so do not wait.