As part of my resolution to have a simpler and healthier lifestyle this year, I have been reading up on natural and organic beauty brands. Criteria for brands that I am recording here are that the company uses only pure, earth friendly ingredients …never tests their cosmetics on animals…and has ethics that I endorse…
The right lipstick can take your makeup look from simple to splendid. Since I have an olive complexion, I have looked for simple that work best with my skin tone.
Supposedly women with olive skin tone can wear a wide range of lipstick colors, from subtle nude to electric orange, because our skin tones are generally neutral.
…but I have found that the best lipsticks are coral with pink undertones, vampy or wine-based reds, cranberry shades and deep pinks.
Here are ten of the best natural lipsticks that I found.
1. Alima Pure Lip Tint in Paprika
- Founded by…Makeup artist Kate O’Brien created this 100 percent pure mineral pigment makeup line because she was reluctant to let her teenage daughter start wearing makeup because of her concerns with many of the ingredients….
- Ingredients…Our products are free of parabens, sulfates, synthetic dyes, phthalates, dimethicone, petroleum, talc, bismuth oxychloride, and nanoparticles . They’re absolutely never tested on animals….
- Price Range…lip tints
2. Axiology in Philosophy
- Founded…Ericka’s holistic and vegan lifestyle emerged in her early twenties, when she became dedicated to creating raw vegan smoothies and natural beauty recipes. Once she realized that natural compounds were rarely used in her favorite beauty product—lipstick—she decided to get in her kitchen and give it a go. The result became a labor of love and passion-project, Axiology.
- Ingredients…vegan ingredients such as avocado, castor seeds, orange, elderberry, coconut, candelilla wax, grapes! and vitamin e oil
- Price Range…$28 for lipstick
- Founded…by a wife and mom after she learned that when it comes to the personal care industry, companies are allowed to use harmful ingredients and make their own judgments about safety.
- Price Range...$30
4. Biba Lips
- Ingredients…rosemary, rose hip oil, jojoba, grape seed oil, Kokomo butter, green tea extract
- Price Range...$38
5. Dr Hauschka
- Founded…Dr. Rudolf Hauschka, a German doctor established this company in 1935.
- Ingredients…anthyllis, calendula, apricot, sweet almond, carrot, borage, St. John’s wort, shea nuts, red clover, birch, quince
- Price Range...$17
6. Elixery Cosmetics House…Price Range…$22
- Founded…”by Julia Wills and Alexander Kummerow in 2011 in their Seattle kitchen”
- Ingredients…natural ingredients, plant-based food-grade cold-pressed oils, steam-pressed therapeautic-grade essential oils, GMO free soy wax
- Price Range…$24
- Founded…co-founded by Meryl Marshall after recovering from breast cancer
- Ingredients…free of everything unwanted and anything else questioned or known to be harmful to the skin or our environment…free of parabens, nano particles, artificial preservatives
- Price Range… $29
9. Ilia Beauty
- Founded…launched its first collection of six tinted lip conditioners in Vancouver, Canada in 2011
- Ingredients…natural and organic, cruelty-free, certified bioactive organic ingredients sourced from organic farmers around the world and manufactured in an organic certified lab that hold certification with Gluten-Free, USDA Organic, and Leaping Bunny
- Price Range…$26
10. Tata Harper…Price Range…$29-$36