Some days I feel like I am writing about so many different topics that there seems to be no method at all to my madness…but my goal is to actually walk through each part of my day and share some things that I have learned that month. So looking back on February…the month that I have been crossing my t’s and dotting my i’s with the Pantone color of Pink Yarrow…
- My goal for the year is to study the Book of Genesis this entire year.
- This last month I have still been studying Genesis along with the books about Genesis from the Be Series of commentaries by Warren Wiersbe.
- In March I hope to get started with Bible journaling by gathering supplies and finding resources.
- My goal for the year is to establish both a capsule wardrobe…to learn more about organic and natural skincare and cosmetics…and turn what a mess my bedroom closet and laundry currently are into places that I would proudly post on my blog.
- This last month I found subscription boxes, blogs, books, product lines that would be worth checking into in the days ahead.
- In March I hope to clean out, organize, and pull together my laundry room.
- My goal for the year is to start putting together a cookbook of Southern breakfast recipes that I can sell at my bed and breakfast.
- This last month I have eaten breakfast while chasing a three year old.
- In March I hope to begin a new regular post called Muffins and a Movie that highlights a movie that I have recently watched on Netflix and a muffin recipe that corresponds with something about that particular movie….after all, the first word in my blog name is “muffins”…
DROPPING THE KIDS OFF…
- My goal for the year is to make the quantity time that I spend with our three year old quality time also.
- This last month we spent potty-training.
- In March I hope to update our “syllabus,” as well as our toy box
HEADING OFF TO WORK…
- My goal for the year is to move closer to the opening of our bed and breakfast.
- This last month I studied “branding.”
- In March I hope to create a better schedule for working at home… especially working at home with preschoolers.
LASTING THROUGH LUNCH…
- My goal for the year is to create a system of keeping healthy, portable snacks and lunches available as we run out the door.
- This last month I ate lunch out way too many times to ever admit.
- In March I hope to learn more about getting through cold and flu season…may be a little too late as I sit here holding a three year old with a stuffy nose who has fallen asleep in my lap.
MAKING DINNER PLANS…
- My goal for the year is to study the different cooking techniques.
- This last month I was too busy shopping for organic cosmetics to turn the oven on.
- In March I hope to pick back up by “Taking up Baking.”
SATISFYING THE SWEET TOOTH…
- My goal for the year is to start a binder with recipes, decorating ideas, and so forth about every holiday that I can use for reference once our business is open.
- This last month I slept through Valentine’s Day.
- In March I hope to prep for Easter and St. Patrick’s Day in a way that “would make Mom and ‘Em proud.”
- My goal for the year is to start exercising again and learn to prep foods that are more appropriate for my diabetic husband.
- This last month I started focusing on foods that you actually should be eating on a diet, such as foods containing iron…but I feel like I have lost my original voice as a bed and breakfast owner…and have started sounding more like a wanna-be nutritionist. this is why I am writing this post before the month ends.
- In March I hope to pick back up on this train of thought at a more comfortable pace.
CREATING A HOME…
- My goal for the year is to create systems and organization so that “everything can be done decently and in order.”
- This last month I chose an acrylic organizer and edited my “makeup wardrobe.”
- In March I hope to clear, organize, and decorate our laundry room.
SEWING A STRAIGHT SEAM
- My goal this year is to do some things honestly just for me…such as finish the umpteen thousand sewing projects sitting around here, starting a legit historical biographies book club, and so forth.
- This last month I potty-trained a three year old.
- In March I hope to get my sewing room back into working condition and take another look at my book list.