While we’re on the subject of subscription boxes, I thought that this would be a good time to share this list of twenty food subscription boxes again that I posted around Christmas…
1. Blue Apron
- Who: People who want to experiment with fun and creative recipes, avoid grocery shopping, and adventurous chefs who enjoy trying new ingredients.
- What: Fresh ingredients with seasonal recipes that are never repeated during the year.
- How much: Prices start at $59.94/week (for a 2 person, 3 meals a week plan) and $69.92/week (for a 4 person, 2 meals a week plan)
- Who: People who enjoy Southern hospitality and food
- What: limited-edition, themed collection of handmade goods from Southern makers from Nashville, Memphis, Austin, and Charleston
- How Much: Batch’s holiday subscription box ships twice: February and May.Cost: Two-month subscription boxes cost $98 for standard or $198 for deluxe boxes. Their one-off, non-subscription boxes make fantastic gifts, too, and run from $39 to $119 a box.
- Who: discerning carnivores
- What: Each month members receive an impressive faux-wood box filled with four to six of the very best artisanal curated cured meat, featuring artisans from around the world. Each month’s box is themed around one producer specializing in a particular style of cured meats—such as French Charcuterie, Italian Salumi, Spanish Chorizo, South African Biltong and Artisanal Jerky.
- How much: Carnivore Club has a range of delivery options including monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly.Cost: $50/month.
- Who: Chocolate connoisseurs
- What: A box of four different full-size chocolate bars, made from high-quality artisanal chocolate from around the world
- How much: $30/month
- Who: adventuresome and trendy Foodstirs
- What: 11-15 full-size food items that are new to the market.
- How much: Regularly $19.99, but use coupon code DEGUSTA10 to get your first box for $9.99.
- Who: people who are addicts to shopping at a farmer’s market.
- What: three to four products for “The Casual Foodie” box, or five to eight for “The Food Critic”…small-batch, artisanal goodies made with sustainable ingredients straight from farms across America… no GMOs and nothing artificial, ever.
- How much: $30/month for “The Casual Foodie” or $50/month for “The Food Critic”
- Who: people looking for healthy, properly portioned, and nutritious snacks
- What: subscriber’s choice of eight of the 100 available choices of snacks…
- How much: $11.99 for 8 snacks per box
- Who: people who enjoy cooking healthy home-cooked meals
- What: meal subscription boxes that deliver fresh, nutritious, pre-portioned ingredients—including meat, fish, produce, and grains—along with chef-inspired recipe cards
- How much: offers options 3, 4 or 5 meals per week for 2 or for 4 people for basically $10-11.50/per person per meal
- Who: people on a “clean eating” or paleo diet
- What: a selection of all natural, 100% guilt-free, gluten-free, GMO, soy, corn, wheat, and gluten-free treats
- How much: starts at $50/box for 15 full size snacks.
- Who: healthy snackers who like to “give back”
- What: 12 to 15 natural and organic gluten-free and celiac-safe snacks and sweets…no trans fats, no hydrogenated oils, no artificial flavors/colors, and no high-fructose corn syrup
- How much: $10/box for 8 snacks…plus for every box Love With Food sends out, two meals are donated to a food bank in America.
- Who: men who like trying new snacks, liquors, prepared sauces, and mixes made in America.
- What: Branded, lidded wooden crates containing six full-size, non-perishable, stereotypically male-marketed artisan dude-friendly food products such as snacks, liquor, prepared sauces, or flavor enhancers…each box has a particular theme…past themes have included Bacon Nation, Tailgate Tour and Bourbon BBQ.
- How much: Each box costs $75.
12. Nature Box
- Who: snackers who want to choose exactly what snacks go in their pack
- What: a choice of 100+ super-healthy, super-delicious snacks, from chocolate hazelnut granola to sriracha rice crackers
- How much: $20 for 5 full-sized snack bags
13. Orange Glad
- Who: people with a taste for exotic treats
- What: a gourmet dessert subscription box featuring tasty delights like Russian tea cakes and chocolate almond macaroons
- How much: $20-$22/month depending on subscription length
14. Peach Dish
- Who: people whose goal is to cook dinner more often and enjoy trying new recipes
- What: a meal kit delivery service offering Southern-infused seasonally inspired recipes to cook at home. Each kit includes all the ingredients along with a detailed, step-by-step instruction card needed to prepare for two dinner of the eight different meals offered each week (four meat/fish and four vegetarian). PeachDish also has a separate store on its website with desserts, jams, spice blends, flavored salts, meats, cookbooks, and more.
- How much: Prices vary based on how many servings you order. The minimum order is $50, which is the standard box that includes two meals each for two individuals, breaking down to $12.50 per person.
- Who: people who don’t have the time or the energy to plan what’s for dinner, go to the grocery store, and get everything you need for the week
- What: all of the ingredients — except for salt, pepper, olive or vegetable oil, and eggs — and step-by-step cooking instructions printed on recipe cards for your choice of seven different meat, seafood, and vegetarian dinners
- How much: $48/box…all of the meal kits serve two people at $12 per person. You can choose anywhere from two to seven dinners per week. You can also upgrade any dinner to a Chef’s Table dinner, which includes specialty cuts of meat and seafood, for additional $2 to $18 per person, per dinner…and add dessert to the box for $4 per person, per dessert. The most popular kit is three dinners a week for $72.
- Who: chocolate lovers and those with a sweet tooth
- What: a box of up to $25 worth of delicious artisan sweets—cookies and chocolate to candies and caramel—from three different candy makers each month—indie candy labels, small batch artisanal sweets, and other under-the-radar goodness. You can also choose a subscription that only sends candy bars.
- How much: $20 per month
17. Try The World
- Who: world travelers with foreign tastes
- What: tasty treats from other countries, such as cookies from Paris and turkish delights from Turkey
- How much: $29-$39 per box
- Who. hostesses that would like to find rising artists, enjoy an original menu, get to know unique ingredients, and wow their friends with a playlist of the best new music each month.
- What: Pairings Box with perfectly coordinated soundtrack and menu—includes three seasonal recipes, one or two dried ingredients, a digital mixtape, and a limited-edition vinyl record.
- How much: $25/month
19. Vegan Cuts
- Who: vegans and other people interested in finding new gluten-free snacks
- What: 10 or more vegan-certified snacks (from soda to kale chips)
- How much: $20 per month
20. Vegin’ Out
- Who: vegetarians and vegans interested in having convenient, completely pre-made, customizable meals
- What: 3 vegetarian vegan entrees, 4 vegetarian vegan side dishes, 1 vegetarian vegan soup, and 5 vegan cookies
- How much: $128-$170 depending on location