Breakfast is usually the hardest meal of the day. More than 31 million Americans, about 10 percent of the U.S. population, actually do not eat breakfast.
Yet breakfast is perhaps the most important meal of the day because eating breakfast…
- gives you energy to start a new day
- helps with weight control
- improves performance and productivity throughout the day
- lowers cholesterol level
Most people quote lack of time as the reason they skip breakfast…But if you will prepare on weekends, lack of time shouldn’t be a valid excuse to skip breakfast one more day…even on a Monday…
1. Bacon—Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one pound of thick-sliced bacon in disposable aluminum broiler pan. Cook 20-25 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Store up to one week in the refrigerator. Reheat in a non-stick skillet or microwave, a few slices at a time, to serve.
2. Boiled Eggs in the Oven—Preheat the oven to 325. Put an egg in each individual cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove eggs from muffin tin and place into an ice water bath for 30min.
3. Coffee Cake/Copycat Bisquick Recipe—(This baking mix can be used to make any recipe originally calling for Bisquick…such as this recipe for Apple Kuchen Coffee Cake or any other recipe that calls for Bisquick found on the Betty Crocker website).
Copycat Bisquick Mix
- 9 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cups powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup baking powder
Cut in 2C shortening until the consistency of corn meal. Place mix in a covered glass or plastic container and keep in a cool, dry place. Use within a month.
4. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches…Coat six 10-ounce ramekins with nonstick spray. place on baking sheet. Stir one egg into each ramekin, beating slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 12-14 minutes.Place one egg over each English muffin bottom. Top each with 2 slices deli ham and 1 slice cheddar cheese. Top with other muffin halves. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Place in freezer.To reheat, remove plastic wrap from the frozen sandwich. Wrap in paper towel. Place into microwave for 1-2 minutes.