Once you have published your About Me page, use that page to start writing a list of potential but topics. Highlight the words and phrases that could help you come up with your editorial calendar and actual posts….especially look for verbs…most of the posts that you write will involve actually getting off that couch you’re so comfortable on and actually doing something…
Looking back over my About Me page, some of the verbs that I see are
- —opening a bed and breakfast
- —making my readers excited to visit Muffins and Magnolias B&b
- —cooking and baking
Two more potential topies from my About Me page are…
- Oxford, Mississippi
- “Steel Magnolias”
The second obvious place to look for topics for blog posts are your Pinterest boards…I have the following boards…
- Beginning with Breakfast—cooking
- Blogging and Being Social—writing
- Celebrating Life—planning
- Creating a Home—cleaning, organizing, and decorating
- Dreaming Big—wishing
- Dropping the Kids Off—college, preschool
- Getting Dressed—obvious
- Getting Healthy—eating healthy, excercising
- Heading Off to Work—learning, networking, “being productive”
- Killing Time—reading, quilting, watching movies
- Lasting through Lunch—more cooking
- Making Dinner Plans—more cooking
- Satisfying the Sweet Tooth—even more cooking
- Starting the Day Off Right—spending time with God and friends
Next decide what blog posts are “expected” for each given month…
My new ban.do planner starts in August, so…
- World Wide Web Day (on August 1st)
- Sisters’ Day (Aug 2),
- Book Lovers Day (Aug 9)
- Kiss and Make Up Day (Aug 25)
- September 7th: Labor Day.
- September 23rd: Fall begins.
- Fight Procrastination Day (Sep 6),
- Chocolate Milkshake Day (Sep 12)
- Business Women’s Day (Sep 22)
- International Coffee Day (Sep 29).
- October 12th: Columbus Day.
- October 31st: Halloween.
- World Vegetarian Day (Oct 1),
- Taco Day (Oct 4),
- Fire Prevention Day (Oct 9)
- No Beard Day (Oct 18).
- November 26th: Thanksgiving Day.
- November 27th: Black Friday
- Veterans Day (Nov 11),
- World Kindness Day (Nov 13) and
- Shopping Reminder Day (Nov 26).
- – December 6th: Start of Hanukkah
- – December 22nd: Winter Begins
- – December 25th: Christmas
- – December 31st: New Years Eve
- Cotton Candy Day (Dec 7),
- Human Rights Day (Dec 10),
- Gingerbread House Day (Dec 12),
- Eggnog Day (Dec 24),
- Chocolate Covered Anything Day (Dec 16) and
- Bacon Day (Dec 30).
- – January 1st: New Year’s Day.
- – January 19th: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
- Spaghetti Day (Jan 4),
- Clean Off Your Desk Day (Jan 12), Popcorn Day (Jan 19),
- Peanut Butter Day (Jan 24)
- Inane Answering Message Day (Jan 30).
- February 2nd: Groundhog Day
- February 14th: Valentine’s Day
- President’s Day (Feb 16),
- Super Bowl XLIX (on February 1st)
- Mardi Gras (Feb 17),
- Crepe day (Feb 2),
- World Nutella Day (Feb 5)
- Doodle Day (Feb 6).
- March 20th: Spring begins
- .World Compliment Day (Mar 1),
- Women’s Day (Mar 8),
- No Smoking Day (Mar 11) and
- Chocolate Covered Raisins Day (Mar 24).
- April 1st: April Fool’s Day.
- April 22nd: Earth Day.
- Easter (Apr 5),
- Vitamin C Day (Apr 4),
- Sibling Day (Apr 10),
- Chinese Language Day (Apr 20),
- Pig In a Blanket Day (Apr 24) and
- International Dance Day (Apr 29).
- May 10th: Mother’s Day.
- May 25th: Memorial Day. –
- Cinco De Mayo (May 5),
- Cartoonist Day (May 5),
- Brother’s Day (May 24) and
- International Hamburger Day (May 28).
- – June 21st: Father’s Day.
- – June 21st again: Summer Beginse:
- Cancer Survivors Day (June 7),
- Nature Photography Day (June 15),
- Fudge Day (June 16),
- Onion Rings Day (June 22) and
- Social Media Day (June 30).
- – July 4th: Independence Day.
- Canada Day (July 1),
- Bikini Day (July 5)
- , Fried Chicken Day (July 6),
- Pandemonium Day (July 14) and
- Tequila Day (July 24).
Hopefully this helps you pull together an editorial calendar…or at least helps me…
There are tons of blog planners and systems out there…but honestly I’m gonna go scribble mine down on a cheap piece of loose leaf paper in a cheap binder…
My Dad always said, “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,”…