Going back to work after the holidays can be dreadful, but there are certain things that you can bring into your office space that will…
- affect your mood positively
- create the perfect working environment for you
- help create a great working environment.
- increase your productivity
- reduce your stress level
And since Greenery is Pantone’s official color of the year, I have decided to incorporate this color into my work area to make this the best work year ever…
Here is Pantone’s description of the color of the year…
- PANTONE Color of the Year 2017, PANTONE 15-0343 Greenery is a warm and zesty yellow-green shade that nourishes our need for reaffirmation and rebirth as it evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens refresh, restore and renew. Illustrative of flourishing foliage and the lushness of the great outdoors, the fertile attributes of Greenery signals to us to take a deep breath, oxygenate and reinvigorate.
- What spirit or emotion does this color convey? PANTONE 15-0343 Greenery is life affirming. Emblematic of the pursuit of personal passions this tangy yellow green shade speaks to our desire to express, explore, experiment and reinvent, imparting a sense of buoyancy. Through its reassuring, assertive vibrancy and vitality, PANTONE 15-0343 Greenery gives us the self-assurance and boldness to live life on our own terms, redefining what makes us successful and happy.
And here are a few items that you could choose to make your office a better place to spend your working days…
1. Artwork…Artwork such as this abstract ‘Zen’ gallery wrapped canvas print from Wayfair will add a touch of warmth and serenity to your office.
2. Calendar…Color of Year Greenery 2017 Calendar Poster 12×18 is officially licensed and professionally printed in the USA on high quality poster paper using fade resistant, premium inks. This artwork is easy to frame and hang with a poster frame or put on your wall with poster putty (both sold separately). Brand new poster ships rolled in a sturdy cardboard tube and is backed by a satisfaction guarantee.
3. Candle…IKEA Sinnlig Candle in GlassAt just $1.79 this could be your on-trend and go-to hostess gift this holiday season. The Sinnlig line of candles is all scented. The Pantone green color candle shown here has a crisp green apple fragrance.
4. Clocks…A lot of us are probably in the bad habit of pulling out our cell phones to check the time while we are at work. When that happens, we get distracted by text messages, voicemails or Facebook status updates, which can reduce our productivity. In order to fix this, think about adding a fun clock to the wall above your desk.
5. Coffee Cup…Enjoy your favorite hot beverage in the hottest new trend color Pantone Greenery 15-0343 Color of the Year 2017 from Pantone Universe.
6. Desk Toys…Small desk toys, like this handheld water game, can provide a much-needed break and enable you to return to the task at hand with a new perspective and new ideas. I found this on the Office Playground website, which looks very interesting…so going back there to find a birthday present for someone later today.
7. Journal…available in a selection of ruled, graph or blank pages
8. Lamp…Of course everyone needs a lamp…
9. Stress Balls...They often come from businesses as a means of advertising, but those foam or rubber balls that your co-workers juggle or toss back and forth are really great tools for relieving stress, and keeping your body moving when you are sitting at a desk all day. Stress balls by relieving tension and increasing blood circulation, so keeping one at your desk for when you come out of a meeting feeling annoyed or angry can be a good idea.
10. Vase of Flowers…Adding a vase of flowers to your desk, whether you treat yourself to them or they are a gift from someone else, will help improve your mood and stress levels. The scent and sight of them seem to have a therapeutic effect on human beings, meaning that they are a great way to help keep yourself going during a tough day at the office.